8:30am – 11:30am
1:00pm – 4:00pm
Winter (May – August)
10:00am – 1:00pm
1:30pm – 4:30pm
Enjoy paddling your sea kayak out through the surf and later ride some of Australia’s most famous Byron Bay waves. Get up close and personal with our friendly bottlenose dolphins and discover how inquisitive they can be. Spot sea turtles as they come up for a breath of air. Marvel at the size of the majestic humpback whales as they migrate through Australia’s beautiful Byron Bay. Pull into one of our pristine beaches for morning or afternoon tea which consists of: Coffee, tea, Milo, bottled water, and Tim-Tams. This should be more than enough to get you back into the action! Cape Byron Kayaks is Byron Bay’s original dolphin kayaking experience established in 1995.
Our guides are kayakers, surfers, self-proclaimed local historians, and excellent watermen. They know Byron Bay well and are the best guides in the business. With that in mind, you can relax and be guided around Byron Bay in our two people, sit-on-top-style sea kayaks, that are designed for ease of operation and stability. No prior experience is necessary. Your safety and enjoyment are our priorities. We supply all safety gear: Lifejackets, helmets, and wetsuits (if necessary), and free pick-up from your accommodation.
Please note that Child Rates are up to 12 years of age
Private, corporate, and educational tours
Please contact us to tailor a tour to suit your corporate or educational needs. We have been operating since 1995 and are ready to make your Byron Bay sea kayaking experience exactly how you want it!
- We leave from Clarkes Beach and follow the coastline out to the Cape
- We catch up with our dolphin friends at Wategos Beach
- We stop at Wategos Beach for a morning tea/afternoon tea, whenever possible
- We surf the waves
- We keep you entertained the whole time making your experience a safe and memorable one
- All safety gear and equipment including life jackets, wetsuits, and helmets
- Access to tour photos. All photos on CBK Facebook page
- Kayak surfing
- Morning or afternoon tea with all the Tim Tams you can eat and hot and cold drinks
- Access to Cape Byron Headland National Park
- Dolphin guarantee – if you don’t see a dolphin you can come again for free!
- No experience required
- Children welcome and we have a discount for children under 12
- Whale season: May – November
- Pick-up/drop-off at accommodation, on request