Winter (May – August)
Tour times may vary depending on weather conditions
- Adult Kayakers under the age of 16 need to be accompanied by an adult.
- Child 5 - 15 years old and under - Must be accompanied by an adult
Kayak with the Dolphins in Byron Bay!
Enjoy paddling your sea kayak out through the surf and later ride some of Australia’s most famous Byron Bay waves. Get up close and personal with our friendly bottlenose dolphins and discover how inquisitive they can be. Spot sea turtles as they come up for a breath of air. Marvel at the size of the majestic humpback whales as they migrate through Australia’s beautiful Byron Bay. Pull into one of our pristine beaches for all the Tim-Tams you can eat. This should be more than enough to get you back into the action! Cape Byron Kayaks is Byron Bay’s original dolphin kayaking experience established in 1995.
Our guides are kayakers, surfers, self-proclaimed local historians, and excellent watermen. They know Byron Bay well and are the best guides in the business. With that in mind, you can relax and be guided around Byron Bay in our two people, sit-on-top-style sea kayaks, that are designed for ease of operation and stability. No prior experience is necessary. Your safety and enjoyment are our priorities. We supply all safety gear: Lifejackets, helmets, and wetsuits (if necessary).
Our Cape Byron Kayaks tour offers a unique dolphin’s eye view of the Cape Byron Lighthouse.
As you paddle out on your kayak you will experience spectacular views of the lighthouse, which has been operating atop the Cape Byron Headland since 1901. Be sure to position yourself in front for a bucket list worthy holiday photo.
Private, corporate, and educational tours
Please contact us to tailor a tour to suit your corporate or educational needs. We have been operating since 1995 and are ready to make your Byron Bay sea kayaking experience exactly how you want it!
- We leave from Clarkes Beach and follow the coastline out to the Cape
- We catch up with our dolphin friends at Wategos Beach
- We surf the waves
- We keep you entertained the whole time making your experience a safe and memorable one
- All safety gear and equipment including life jackets, wetsuits and helmets.
- Secure storage facilities for your belongings
- Access to tour photos. All photos on our Facebook page
- Finish your tour with all the Tim Tams you can eat
- Access to Cape Byron Headland National Park
- Kayak surfing
- Dolphin or Whale Guarantee – if you don’t see a dolphin or whale you can come again for free! (Whale season is May – November)
- Water bottle
- Waterproof camera
- Towel for afterwards.
- We provide wetsuits if required.