Cape Byron Kayaks have been running a fun introduction to ocean kayaking with our user-friendly sit-on-top kayaks since 1995. Our guided kayaking tours with the dolphins operate within the Cape Byron Conservation area and offer adventure in ocean paddling ensuring your students are challenged, learning new skills, while gaining confidence being in the ocean and surf. In addition, students will also learn about the marine life and history on the Byron Bay area. Not to mention the fun and excitement paddling with dolphins, turtles and whales that frequent the enticing waters of Byron Bay.
All tours are guided. Our tour guides are highly skilled ocean water kayakers and surfers holding all necessary accreditation in first aid, surf rescue and working with children. They know Byron Bay well, it’s history and will entertain everyone with stories and facts while on tour.
We offer private group sessions for school groups with a maximum 32 students per session plus guides. We run daily a morning and afternoon kayaking tour with the exception to certain school holidays where we can operate up to three tours per day. Each tour session runs for approximately 2 ½ from check in.
- High quality, competitively priced private group tours
- Qualified, experienced and friendly tour guides
- Safe, modern and all the necessary equipment which includes wet suits (Optional), life jackets, helmets and two people sit-on-top-style sea kayaks, that are designed for ease of operation and stability. No prior experience is necessary
- Kayak Surfing
- All the Tim Tams one can eat once back at the beach
- Secure storage facilities for your belongings
- Access to tour photos. All photos on our Facebook page
- Access to Cape Byron Headland National Park
- Dolphin or Whale Guarantee – if you don’t see a dolphin or whale, you can come again for free! (Whale season is May –November)
What to bring
- Water bottle
- Waterproof camera (Optional)
- Towel for afterwards.
- We provide wetsuits if required.
Please call to discuss our school group pricing and requirements.