Where we go
- We leave from Clarkes Beach and follow the coastline out to the Cape
- We catch up with our dolphin friends at Wategos Beach
- We stop at Wategos Beach for a quick break
- We surf the waves
- We keep you entertained the whole time making your experience a safe and memorable one
Take in some of the best sights the East Coast has to offer. Learn about local history, aboriginal history, the lighthouse, dolphins, whales, and turtles. See the Most Easterly Point of the Australian mainland. This is all part of your Byron Bay sea kayak experience with Cape Byron Kayaks.
Learn more about these landmarks and the behaviours of our marine life as we paddle out into the famous Byron Bay marine reserve.
Our standard rate is $69 pp for adults and $59 pp for children 11 and under, please call us direct on 02 6680 9555 for group discount rates.
- All safety gear and equipment including life jackets, wetsuits, and helmets.
- Access to tour photos. All photos on CBK Facebook page
- Kayak surfing
- All the Tim Tams you can eat!
- Access to Cape Byron Headland National Park
- Dolphin guarantee – if you don’t see a dolphin or a whale you can come again for free!
- No experience required
- Children welcome and we have a discount for children under 12
- Whale season: May – November
What to bring
Sunscreen, water bottle, waterproof camera, towel for afterward. We provide wetsuits if required.
Why kayak with Cape Byron Kayaks
- Seasonal time changes: In summer, we go early to beat the heat and north winds; and in the winter, we go later to miss the south-west winds which drop off around 10.30 am.
- Long, easy to paddle, stable sit on top kayaks
- We see dolphins on 90% of tours
- National Park access into Wategos or Little Wategos, enabling more of an opportunity to see dolphins
- Paddle around the cape, conditions permitting
- We give customers full instruction on kayak wave surfing and allow time for customers to catch waves should they wish to
- All guides are fully qualified Surf Life Savers trained to the highest industry standard and have a fully qualified sense of humour!
- All guides are local surfers and excellent watermen & women, that share a wealth of local knowledge ensuring customers receive personal attention on the safest AND most fun kayak tour! Our guides make sure your experience is a safe and memorable one.
Private, corporate, and educational tours
Please contact us to tailor a tour to suit your corporate or educational needs. We have been operating since 1995 and are ready to make your Byron Bay sea kayaking experience exactly how you want it!
Opposite 62 Lawson St, 15 minutes prior to the tour.